Job title: IB Co-Ordinator and Head of Key Stage 5
Summary of role: Responsible for the leadership of pastoral and academic matters in Years 12 & 13. This includes the coordination of the Extended Essays and the line-management of the ToK and CAS coordinators.
Reports to: Head of Secondary School
Member of: Extended SLT, HoKS, HoDs
Age range: Secondary
Employed by: NCBIS- to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Head of Department/ Head of School
Qualifications: Degree, and PGCE or QTS or appropriate coaching qualifications
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching or other relevant experience
For August 2018, New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time candidate.
NCBIS is the leading British international school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students. It is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE/GCSE examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by CIS and we are executive members of COBIS.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
- Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice
- Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications.
- Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality.
- Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice
- Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not for profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
· Highly competitive tax-free salary
· Accommodation allowance
· Comprehensive international private medical cover
· Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
· Return air passage to base country each year
· Re-signing on bonus upon contract renewal
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service) and/or for a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at www.ncbis.co.uk
To apply please complete the attached application form and send to NCBIS Recruiting e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to send a CV and a letter of application in addition to the application form.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, January 18th, 2018. The school reserves the rights to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Initial interviews will be held by Skype.