St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint an Economics and Business Management teacher/learner to guide young learners in their IB Diploma. Current experience working with post 16 learners is highly desirable with IB Diploma experience as an added advantage. Regardless of experience candidates will commit to the IB Diploma and be willing to contribute to Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essays and CAS. More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at:
There are approximately 90 learners in years 11 and 12 and all follow a full IB Diploma Programme. The Economics and Business Management Department operates under the umbrella of a progressive and well-run Humanities Faculty. Business Management is the most popular subject in Individuals and Society and is offered in Group Three. Economics is offered in Group 6 and has a strong take up. Other subjects offered in Group Three are Geography, Global Politics and History. Curriculum development is on-going and reflects the school’s inquiry-based philosophy. Economics and Business Management results have been very good and both subjects are also popular Extended Essay subjects. All the Humanities learning spaces have access to excellent resources including technology. Laptops and Chromebooks are available for learners and the school has a subscription to Kognity and several other online learning resources. There are two teachers in the Department including a subject leader. The department counts on exclusive use of two well-resourced rooms, set up for collaboration, interaction and research.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 65 years of age