Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K - 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for a well-qualified and experienced teacher for the permanent full-time position of IB Diploma Programme Economics & Geography Teacher starting August 2018.
As a member of the Senior School team this role will be responsible for teaching DP Economics & Geography in the Senior School (grades 10-12). Reporting to the Senior School Principal, the appointed person will be well-qualified and sufficiently experienced for the role and a passionate, inspiring and skilled teacher. The role will also include being a Teacher Advisor and contributing to the co-curricular programme.
This will critically involve:
- Teaching the DP and MYP curriculum programmes
- Ensuring the overall academic standards and assessments within the DP/MYP Economics & Geography are maintained at a high standard and that students receive engaging and carefully thought-out educational experiences.
- Have processes and procedures in place to ensure that the quality of learning and achievement is monitored, evaluated and shared.
- Fostering and facilitating professional development within the Senior School Humanies team.
- Promoting Geography & Economics in the school community
- Promoting interdisciplinary study and TOK approaches within the Economics & Geography programmes.
- Ensuring that the Economics & Geography courses are fully articulated in terms of skills and concepts and fully recorded on Atlas.
Ideally candidates will have the following experience and skills:
Recent experience of teaching IBDP and MYP Economics & Geography.
International teaching experience.
Minimum 5 years teaching experience in an IB school.
Affinity with our school's values and mission.
Hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Education degree.
Current or ability to meet all of the requirements and certifications to teach in BC.
Hold an age appropriate First Aid Certificate.
Experience teaching in a technology rich environment.
The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Ability to communicate effecvely, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners.
The salary range for this position will be $67,256 to $77,448, based on skills and experience. This position will also include BC Medical coverage, health & dental benefits, tuition discount allowance, and pension contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian and a provincially certified teacher or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please see our website for further information about our school at www.mulgrave.com. Resumes will be accepted up until April 3, 2018 at email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews throughout this process. We thank all interested parties.
Mulgrave, The Internaonal
School of Vancouver
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
BC V7S 3H9