LETOVO is a school in which each child will grow, achieve high academic, creative and sports results, communicate, socialize and pursue a growth mindset in life in general, while maintaining strong Russian educational and cultural traditions. At Letovo we implement state of the art practices in top schools globally while retaining the best of established Russian tradition. Letovo School became #2 in the Global Top IB schools list for 2021.
Our mission is to provide an enabling environment for bright and motivated students from every corner of Russia to receive a world-class education and achieve their intellectual and creative potential.
Teachers at LETOVO School are responsible for creating a pedagogically progressive learning environment where students can demonstrate thoughtful and ethical behavior and ensure that the values and principles of the IB learner profile are at the heart of learning and relationships in the school.
We want to appoint a qualified and dynamic IB DP English A and B Teacher who is internationally minded with a demonstrable passion for and deep understanding of Letovo School vision, mission and values.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Teach IB DP English A and B classes to the secondary school students aged 16-17
• Identify and use core learning skills and teaching strategies in subject area
• Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study in English A and B to a range of classes according to Letovo curriculum guidelines and school requirements
• Inspire and lead students to ensure they are motivated
• Observe, assess and monitor students’ on-going progress. Prepare assignments and tests for internal assessment and homework in the subject
• Tailor and differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of student’s levels of academic ability and prior knowledge
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding students’ progress and student needs
• Maintain a safe, secure, and stimulating learning environment
• Be willing to take on pastoral duties, such as taking on class tutor role and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
• Prepare students for internal and external examinations
• Cooperate and collaborate with the management to maintain accreditation with the relevant competitive examination and validating bodies
• Attend school, faculty meetings and trainings
• Complete all tasks related to assessment (internal and external assessment components), feedback, teaching and learning in (insert subject) according to the official IBO subject guide and the Letovo Internal Calendar
Additional Specific Responsibilities when required
• Carry out the duties of any position appointed to according to its job description in addition to the roles described in this job description.
• Supervise students in the completion of the DP Extended Essay.
• Support and supervise students through the completion of the CAS Programme.
• Cover classes for absent teachers
• Give academic support hours for Internal Assessment and Extended Essay in your subject(s)
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Innovations and Development Department Head, or Programme Coordinator to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
• B. Sc/Master’s Degree in English and Literature
• B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification
• Minimum 3-5 years of IBDP teaching experience in strong IB Schools
• Experience as an examiner in the subject (preferred)
• Strong teaching experience of students in the middle and diploma years’ age group.
• Experience of teaching gifted and talented students (preferred)
• Outstanding student results
The successful candidate will be
• Well-organized, approachable and proactive
• Collaborative and team-player
• Should demonstrate interest in student development, enthusiasm and subject knowledge
• Well-motivated and responsible
• Passionate about teaching
• Effective written and verbal communicator in English
• Inspire, encourage and lead students to ensure that they are motivated and enjoy participating in lessons and are given appropriate and ample opportunities to develop their potential in a positive, innovative and effective working environment
• Initial appointment for two years and thereafter annually renewable
• 3-month probation period
• Up to 20 teaching periods per week (which contributes to the 36-hour work week)
• 71 days of paid leave
• Accommodation on campus (staff apartment)
• Visa support
• Return flights home once a year (holiday time)
• Reimbursement of relocation expenses
• Medical insurance (including dental treatment)
Why teachers consider Letovo School?
• Outstanding opportunity to be involved in the unique school for exceptionally gifted and motivated students from across Russia
• A very well resourced and high performing School
• A team of c. 20 highly caliber English-speaking teachers from the UK, the USA, Italy, Canada and South Africa
• Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
• Competitive compensation package
• 24/7-hour support
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. A criminal record check may be required for all successful applicants.