LETOVO is a school in which each child will want to grow, achieve high academic, creative and sports results, communicate, be friends and just live while retaining strong Russian educational and cultural traditions. At Letovo we implement state of the art practices offered by top schools globally while retaining the best of established tradition.
Teachers at LETOVO School are responsible for creating a pedagogically-progressive learning environment where students can demonstrate thoughtful and ethical behavior and ensure that the values and principles of the IB learner profile are at the heart of learning and relationships in the school.
We want to appoint a qualified and dynamic IB DP English B Teacher for the academic year 2021-2022 who is internationally-minded with a demonstrable passion for and deep understanding of Letovo School vision, mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and use core learning skills and teaching strategies in subject area.
- Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study in English B to a range of classes according to Letovo curriculum guidelines and school requirements
- Inspire and lead students to ensure they are motivated
- Observe, assess and monitor students’ on-going progress. Prepare assignments and tests for internal assessment and homework in the subject
- Tailor and differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of student’s levels of academic ability and prior knowledge
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding students’ progress and student needs
- Maintain a safe, secure, and stimulating learning environment
- Be willing to take on pastoral duties, such as taking on class tutor role and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Prepare students for internal and external examinations
- Cooperate and collaborate with the management to maintain accreditation with the relevant competitive examination and validating bodies
- Attend school, faculty meetings and trainings
Relevant Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- Degree in English language and literature
- Current certificate in teaching
- Minimum 3 years of IBDP teaching experience
- Strong teaching experience of students in the middle and diploma years’ age group.
- Experience of teaching gifted and talented students (preferred)
- Desired personal qualities:
- Well-organized, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Inspire and lead students to ensure that they are motivated and enjoy participating in lessons and are given appropriate and ample opportunities to develop their potential in a positive, innovative and effective working environment
What we offer:
- Initial appointment for two years and thereafter annually renewable
- 3-month probation period
- Up to 20 teaching periods per week (which contributes to the 36-hour work week)
- 71 days of paid leave
- Accommodation on campus (staff apartment)
- Visa and work permission support
- Return flights home once a year (holiday time)
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses
- Medical insurance (including dental)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. A criminal record check is required for all successful applicants.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 65 years of age
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 12 - 17 years