Collegio San Carlo is an independent Catholic School and one of Milan's historic educational institutions. It has recently become part of the IB School Circuit so this is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly authorised IB World School within a very well established school K - Yr 13 with a student body of 1960 and growing.
We are looking for a qualified history teacher with experience in teaching DP History (SL/HL). In the early stages of our journey as an IB World School, this teacher will be responsible for developing and delivering DP History.
Together with DP teachers and subject specialists our new recruit will have the opportunity to lay the foundation of an "International History Programme". Team work is at the heart of the way our school works so candidates need to have strong skills and track record as team players.
Although Collegio San Carlo is committed to offering Professional Development to its staff , the ideal candidate will have at least 2 years teaching experience, working with the IB Diploma Programme, and be committed to inquiry based learning. S/he should have a bachelor’s degree and hold a recognised teaching qualification.
Due to restrictions with immigration laws s/he must also hold an EU passport or valid working papers for Italy.
- Deliver IB DP History (SL/HL) in English and in line with IB's Approaches to Teaching and Learning
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Use technology in (teaching) History (digital resources, software, apps, interactive whiteboards, etc.)
- Support and work together with DP teachers and History subject specialists to lay the foundation of a strong IB DP History programme. Given the growing and developing nature of the school, flexibility is an asset
- Ability and willingness to teach another subject would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Italian is a plus
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore all positions will be subject to comprehensive reference checks including the DBS.
Preliminary Interviews will be conducted via Skype and short listed candidates will be invited to come to Milan.