The Eastern Mediterranean International School (EMIS) in Israel is looking for an IB Economics teacher to join our passionate team of educators for the academic year beginning August 2018.
EMIS is the first unique international boarding high school in Israel. We are located in Hakfar Hayarok, a youth village and educational campus in the Tel Aviv region. Founded in 2014, our mission is to make education a force for peace and sustainability in the Middle East. 20% of our students are from Israel, 20% are from Palestine and Arab countries, and 60% are from the rest of the world. Through a shared living experience, we educate our students toward values of respect, diversity and global citizenship.
All of our students do the IB Diploma Programme in Grade 11 and 12. Our students ‘live’ the mission of our school, by participating in peace simulations, conflict resolution training, and an annual mission based trip. In addition to being high quality educators, our teachers are passionate about the EMIS mission.
- Full time
- Fixed term contract of 2 years
- Annual return air ticket
- Medical insurance coverage
- Visa and work permit arranged by the school
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Fluent English speaker
- Relevant degree in Economics, and a teaching qualification
- IB or A levels experience
- Innovative teaching practices
- IT proficiency
- A commitment to our school's mission of “Making education a force for peace and sustainability in the Middle East.”
- Excited by the challenge of educating Palestinian, Israeli, and international students.
- Flexibility to work at a newly established school in the Middle East
To apply, please send your CV to the IBDP Coordinator, Helen Lucas: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 28 May 2018
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.