IB English Teacher, Malaga, Spain

Expiring soon

Colegio Internacional TorrequebradaMalaga, Spain

Date posted:
Start date: August 2018
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Undisclosed
Contract term: Fixed Term

Initially one-year; renewable as a ‘permanent’ contract

Colegio Internacional Torrequebrada is seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced Teacher of English to join our Secondary and High School team.

The successful candidate will have experience of teaching English in the International Baccalaureate MYP and DP programs, and preferably with preparing students for Cambridge English exams for the Common European Framework of Reference. The successful candidate will be experienced in ‘project-based learning’, ‘inquiry-based learning’ and a ‘thematic curriculum’. The successful candidate will ideally have skills which enable them to work with native level English-speaking students and students where English is not their first language. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed professional who has a passion for students’ personalised learning within a forward looking school.

Colegio Internacional Torrequebrada is a 3 - 18 school on the Malaga coast about twenty minutes from the centre of Malaga. Despite being a young school, we have created an excellent reputation for innovative learning. We have an international ethos via the ‘International Baccalaureate’ and our students achieve excellent results which allow them to go on to study at the top universities around the world. We have a very active professional development programme which supports and underpins our school’s development initiatives.

Our student population of over 650 is approximately 75% Spanish, with the remaining 25% from over twenty-five different countries. Our students go on to study in universities throughout the world.

Successful applicants must:

  • Have a relevant degree and teaching qualification
  • Have appropriate and up to date experience in an international IB school
  • Be a fluent native level English speaker
  • Have EU citizenship
  • Be motivated towards and enthusiastic about contributing to the further development of our school.


If you are interested in joining our team, please use the online application process available via the following link:
http://www.colegiotorrequebrada.com/index.php/en/come-and-join-us

Important! As part of the above online application process, please ensure that you submit your full CV (with two professional referees), and a letter of application.

Closing date: Apply as soon as possible

The school will start to interview candidates as soon as we receive suitable applications. Interviews will be by Skype or in person, if the candidate is based locally.

To gain further insight in to our school, please visit our website: http://www.colegiotorrequebrada.com/index.php/en



Job location

More about Colegio Internacional Torrequebrada
×
Type: Mainstream School
Phase: All-through
Funding status: Independent
Gender: Mixed
Age Range: 3 - 18 years
Address: 7-11 Ronda del Golf Este, Urbanización Torrequebrada, Benalmadena, Malaga, 29639, Spain
Telephone: +34 952 576 065