IB French with Spanish Teacher
Prem Tinsulanonda International School (known simply as Prem) is a prestigious IB-World School that serves the local and expatriate community of Chiang Mai, as well as being home to some 150 globally diverse boarders. We are proud to be the first four-programme IB School in Thailand (PYP, MYP, DP and CP), and offer an outstanding holistic education on a campus of great natural beauty. Prem students from Early Years through to Grade 12 learn and thrive in multi-faceted ways and during their educational journey they will enjoy: The 7.61 acre Farm, our new Forest School, the Olympic-sized swimming pool, the Golf driving range, Archery Course, The Tennis Academy, Football and Cricket pitches, Fitness Gym and Gymnasium, Cookery School, Leadership Courses, and Service Learning all within Prem’s landscaped waterways in beautiful, rural Chiang Mai.
Applications are invited from well qualified and highly motivated practitioners, with a proven track record of success in IB MYP and DP French and Spanish Language Teaching. At Prem, students may take French Language Acquisition from MYP1-5, and then have the option to progress to French B SL/HL or Spanish ab initio in the Diploma Programme. Classes are small and students are strongly motivated. You will be joining Prem at an exciting time in the schools’ development, with significant opportunities for a leadership role. This position may be combined with a Head of House, Head of Department (Curriculum Leader), or IB Coordinator Role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all students are effectively supported in their efforts to strive for success.
- Develop enduring understandings and IB Learner Profile attributes in all students with a foundation of strong pastoral care and sharing of expertise and passion.
- Design, review, and develop curriculum documentation with focus on differentiation for a range of abilities and language levels
- Actively engage with the school’s mission in planning and delivering learning experiences.
- Provide regular, accurate, constructive and timely feedback to students and parents in verbal and written forms relating to the formative and summative assessment of student learning.
- Engage purposefully in professional development, collaborative planning, and appraisal to improve performance and enhance student learning.
- Proactively engage with the House system, encouraging student leadership and developing the House programme as part of our collective focus on community and well-being.
- Conduct oneself professionally, operating at all times in line with Prem’s guiding statements, policies and procedures.
- Meet deadlines set by the Head of School, relevant School Principal, IB MYP and IBDP Coordinator, as well as the appropriate Curriculum Leader.
- A strong Languages Degree and Post-Graduate Certificate or Diploma of Education.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in an IB school.
- A student-centered approach that puts a premium on making each and every lesson a time of engagement and joyful learning.
- An academic professional who expects the highest standards of themselves, their colleagues and each child in their classes.
- An authentic commitment to holistic education, and all that this involves: planning and leading academic trips, extra-curricular activities, discovery weeks and service learning.
- An understanding of the essential role of the Homeroom Teacher: an enthusiasm for being a mentor and advocate for students; a liaison between parents and the school, and a kind and caring presence for the young people in your care each day.
Additional advantageous qualifications, experience and personal qualities:
- Native Level French Speaker.
- IB MYP and/or DP Workshop Experience.
- Previous experience of working in a Boarding School and willingness to proactively contribute to both boarding and our developing House system.
- Cheerful, positive team-player; proactive, organized, flexible and solution-oriented.
- Committed to promoting wellbeing amongst students and teachers; experience and willingness to deliver sessions on mindfulness, meditation or yoga would be an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for using technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Competitive salary
- Return air fare at beginning and end of contract.
- Tuition fees included for children of teaching staff.
- Accommodation available on site close to all school amenities.
- Living in beautiful rural Chiang Mai, Thailand.