The new Swiss International School of Qatar is seeking an outstanding and forward-thinking Geography Teacher for September 2018. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of the founding team of educators that is establishing the IB MYP and Diploma Programmes at SISQ, and taking the school through IB authorisation. SISQ will be a full IB school and has the ambition of becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
Ability to teach a second subject to DP level would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- DP experience and training in Geography
- Willingness to teach and develop MYP courses (Individuals & Societies)
- Ability to cope in a start-up environment
- Extensive curriculum-writing skills and experience
- A collaborative style and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to student learning and safeguarding
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- Experience setting up a DP programme
- Experience in an international setting
- MYP experience
- Ability to teach a second DP subject
Applications for this position are through Schrole. Please apply early, as SISQ may make an appointment before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.