Preshil is a small, secular and progressive co-educational school for ages 3 and 4 through to Year 12. The students take an active role in their education and develop responsibility for their actions; they are encouraged to ask challenging questions, to know themselves, care for others and achieve excellence on their own terms.
The school’s website is a valuable source of information in coming to an understanding of Preshil. The school philosophy is inspired by the work of Margaret J R Lyttle and builds continually on her work and the work of her niece, Margaret E Lyttle and the ideas of other educational theorists relevant to progressive education in 21st century Australia. We are seeking vibrant, passionate and experienced educators to join our team working to create outstanding programs for every student.
Preshil is an International Baccalaureate World School authorized in the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Program (MYP) and the Primary Programme (PYP). Preshil seeks skilled and enthusiastic Mathematics and Science teachers with the ability to teach at the advanced levels of the DP, in a progressive, academic setting. We are keen to consider applicants who can teach DP Computer Science, Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Design Technology.
General role description
• To have a strong background in Mathematics teaching
• To have a strong background in Science teaching in Computer Science, Physics, Biology,Chemistry or Design Technology
• To demonstrate outstanding discipline-based knowledge and experience in teaching to Year 12, with preference given to candidates having IB experience
• To be able to contribute to secondary school Electives program
• To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for assigned classes, co-curricular programs and individual students
• To be responsible for the day-to-day learning and management of classes and the safety and welfare of the students, during on-site and off-site activities
• To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
• To carry out other duties as directed by the Principal