For August 2020 we are looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable PYP Coordinator.
Newton College is a prestigious, pioneering school in Lima, Peru with outstanding facilities (www.newton.edu.pe). In addition to our Lima campus, we own a large plot of land in the Amazon Rainforest with a study centre for secondary and university students.
We introduced the International Baccalaureate curriculum to Peru: in 1987 we started delivering the Diploma Programme, in 2003 the Primary Years Programme and in 2019 we became authorized to deliver the Middle Years Programme.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects have equal status. In addition we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities; sport, Model United Nations, debating, drama and dance are amongst the most popular.
In addition to cognitive growth, we nurture our pupils’ emotional and social growth, fostering our school values – respect, integrity, commitment and empathy – in a safe and secure environment. The IB Learner Profile and education for sustainable development are guiding principles of our curriculum.
We are members of the Latin American Heads Conference (www.lahc.net ) and one of the eight schools that belong to GAIL - the Global Alliance for Innovative learning (www.gailschools.org ). Our graduates continue their studies in the best universities in Peru and throughout the world. Our former student, Kerstin Forsberg, has just been named one of Fortune Magazine’s 50 Greatest World Leaders (http://fortune.com/worlds-greatest-leaders/).
PYP Context: Newton College has continually developed the programme of inquiry to reinforce inquiry-based learning, conceptual understanding and international mindedness. We are firmly committed to the philosophy of the IB and the constructivist approach to teaching and learning. We are excited about the opportunities the Enhanced PYP will offer to our school and students.
Accountable to: The Head of Lower School and the Head of Early Years
Line manager of: Deputy PYP Coordinator, Subject Coordinators of Early Years and Lower School.
Candidates must have:
● managerial and / or leadership experience;
● the ability to lead collaboratively, creating a positive and dynamic team atmosphere;
● the ability to communicate with confidence in both English and Spanish;
● the capacity to motivate staff and lead change;
● up-to-date pedagogical knowledge of the IBPYP written, taught and assessed curriculum;
● the facility to analyse, reflect and evaluate critically the success of the IBPYP;
● the strategic intelligence to create development plans towards a shared vision;
● the necessary communication skills to develop effective relationships with all stakeholders;
● the proven experience in inquiry-based classroom practices;
Candidates must also:
● model school values and the IB Learner Profile;
● demonstrate an inquiry mindset;
● have excellent organisational skills;
● be approachable and open minded;
● have the necessary stamina, resilience and patience to contribute to all aspects of school-life;
● demonstrate excellent classroom practice;
● display a high level of competence in the use of technology;
● set and model high expectations for themselves and others;
● show a commitment to continuous professional development.
They should send an updated CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
The names of three referees must be provided, including current employer. Shortlisted candidates will need to produce a police clearance certificate for every country in which they have worked.
The deadline for applications is Saturday, 5th October, 2019.