ISA international School in Guangzhou is seeking to appoint an IB PYP coordinator starting from August 2019!
ISA International School is committed to creating a community, which is focused on individual learners, nurturing their gifts and talents, and helping them become responsible global citizens and internationally-minded young men and women. Their education will follow a holistic model, which balances academic and cocurricular pursuits with leadership, character and moral development. It will be a community where many nationalities and cultures come together and learn from each other, especially in an international school environment. The ‘ISA International School Science City Campus’ will enroll more than 1 800 students, and K-12 full process international education for students aged 2 to 18. It is scheduled to be operational in August 2020.
Long known as the “Flower City”, Guangzhou is the largest metropolis in South China, Affluent in historical and cultural heritage. It is close enough to Hong Kong for wonderful weekends away. Most of Guangzhou is a full-integrated and modern city that you will find anything and everything you need.
IB Coordinator is a member of the School Leadership Team and is responsible for the effective organization of the IB PYP curriculum program. The IB PYP Coordinator reports to the School Principal.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design a curriculum within the IB framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils from age 2 to 18.
- Work collegially within the Primary School to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy; support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School; and assist the Primary School in meeting its planning goals.
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence.
- To maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the IB PYP and MYP program.
- Ensure that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines.
- Plan and organize the teaching PD, especially the IB PD for all the teachers.
Special Qualifications/Skills Experience & Education
- Master's degree or above in education or a core degree subject supported with a relevant teaching certificate.
- IB, UK curriculum, IGCSE, overseas and international exposure.
- Ideally with over 8 years working experience in educational industry, an ability to Integrate teaching and management for IB Curriculum (or UK curriculum), the school developed during the tenure. Working experience in top schools is preferred.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as cross-cultural management understanding.
Highly competitive salary package depending on qualifications and experience, including flight allowance, shipping allowance, settling allowance, apartment, global medical cover, PD budget, contract gratuity and tuition for up to 2 dependents.