The International School of Como is a lively, friendly and expanding school located in the Como area, 6km South of beautiful lake Como . Founded in September 2002, we serve both Italian nationals looking for international education and international families living in the Como area. ISC currently has an enrollment of 340 students representing over 44 nationalities, with over 70 dedicated faculty and administration.
The International School of Como (IS Como) aims to provide its students with a well-rounded education that allows children to discover and nurture their creativity to develop into independent, critical thinkers with a lifelong love for learning. IS Como offers the IB Primary Years Programme from Kindergarten to Grade 6. The IB PYP has been authorized since 2006, the school gained IB MYP authorization in 2014 and IB DP authorization in February 2018.
The IB PYP philosophy provides a framework that guides our students to meet the challenges of the 21st century by supporting their growth as productive, insightful, responsible and compassionate citizens in a global society. It focuses on developing independent, skilled learners through inquiry-based instruction that reflects a unique global perspective. IS Como occupies a state of the art, spacious, well-maintained campus which includes facilities for indoor sports, art, drama, music, and ICT.
Our mission is to empower all students to be active, reflective and responsible life-long learners who can achieve their full potential and contribute to an ever-changing world. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
More information about the school can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1058509 as well as on our website at http://www.iscomo.com . The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to Inspired, (www.inspirededu.co.uk ), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Why work with us
We are truly student-centered, with student learning at the heart of everything we do;
We are a collaborative learning community based on the values of the IB Learner Profile, where teachers are trusted, empowered and valued;
We offer official IB professional development at the beginning of the employment and ongoing;
We are a family school with a warm and friendly atmosphere on a modern and well-equipped campus;
We offer a competitive salary and cooked lunches provided free daily;
We are located in a beautiful part of the world where you can enjoy the beauty of nature as well as the excitement of a close lively metropolitan city such as Milan.
Applicants must be qualified teachers, with an internationally recognized teaching qualification in Primary education. Candidates should have a proven record of high-quality teaching and learning and should demonstrate a philosophy and approach clearly aligned to the Primary Years Programme or should have experience of teaching in an IB PYP school. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, motivated and committed to working collaboratively with all members of the teaching team. The successful candidate will understand the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole, demonstrating flexibility and an open mind.
· Be a native level English speaker and hold an appropriate degree and teaching certification
· Be an EU Citizen or possess an EU passport
· Demonstrate an understanding of the PYP philosophy, principles and practices
· Be a dynamic, flexible team player with high-level interpersonal skills and excellent organizational ability.
· Add value to our positive and motivated staff team, in order to give students the best possible opportunity for success.
· Take a proactive role in initiating activities to enhance the wider life of the school
· Experience in an international or multicultural school;
· Have attended PYP training or have a philosophy clearly aligned with the PYP.
· IB experience is desirable but not essential.
Salaries and Benefits
· Nationally competitive salary and benefits.
· The initial contract will be for a period of two years, after which there may be the possibility of converting the contract into a permanent position of employment if all parties are in agreement.
· Tax-free status for two years if moving from outside of Italy
· Moving and settling-in allowance
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a single PDF file containing the following to the Head of School, Mrs. Ferloni, at firstname.lastname@example.org
· A letter outlining your educational philosophy,
· CV with photo;
· Contact details of three referees (one of which must be a supervisor from most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before the interview.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face.
The starting date is August 2020.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks.