Colegio Gran Bretaña (CGB):
CGB is a highly prestigious private, inclusive, co-educational international day school (Nursery – Year 13) situated in very peaceful and attractive surroundings in the north of Bogotá. The school enjoys double accreditation with CIS and NEASC (the first school in Colombia to achieve this distinction) and is a member of The Round Square Organisation.
CGB offers VESS, The International Primary Curriculum (IPC), The National Curriculum of England, the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), IGCSE and the IB Diploma Programme to a predominately international student population representing approximately 50 nationalities. There are currently 550 students on roll.
Colegio Gran Bretaña is founded upon the values of a truly international school community. We work collaboratively to provide a holistic, inclusive and academically challenging educational experience through the medium of English.
At CGB we inspire and prepare our learners for an evolving world. Eight essential, and equally important, Foundation Blocks support the day-to-day life of our school and foster intellectually prepared students who discover and embrace the ideals of global citizenship. Through empathy, and progressive teaching and learning we empower everyone to act on their beliefs, thereby cultivating independent thinkers who are able to meet the demands of the twenty-first century.
WE ARE SEEKING AN EXCELLENT IBDP TEACHER OF ECONOMICS AND MATHS:
We require a versatile, capable and enthusiastic teacher who is able to teach both Economics and Maths at IBDP level to start on 1st August 2020. Candidates with previous IMYC, IGCSE experience will have a distinct advantage. Experience with IBDP is essential. The salary is calculated using CGB's pay scale to ensure fair pay.
- A competitive two-year renewable contract package includes:
- Fully furnished accommodation with utilities
- Private medical insurance
- US$ component
- Tuition scholarship for up to two dependent children
- Spanish courses for beginners during the first year of the contract
- Settling-in allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Annual economy class flight
- Transport to and from school
- Lunch and snacks
- Renewal bonuses
Visit our website for further details about the school at www.cgb.edu.co
Enthusiastic and internationally-minded students
Friendly, collaborative and welcoming colleagues
Supportive Senior Leadership Team
Thorough induction, integration and adaptation to Colombia/CGB process
Open and positive working environment
Professional Development opportunities
Openness to learn, grow and evolve as a learning community
Personal characteristics required for the position:
- A passion for education and working with students
- Committed to safeguarding children and young people
- A visionary leader who is willing to participate in the development of CGB
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive learning community at CGB
- An excellent communicator and public speaker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others at many levels
- A team player who is interested in building the capacities and talents of those with whom he or she works
- An awareness and interest in supporting community social service and Service Learning
- An excellent level of written and spoken English
- The ability and desire to "go the extra mile"
- Honest, compassionate, friendly and fair
- A willingness to learn Spanish (if not already spoken)
Candidates are asked to please include all of the information requested within the online application form, and to upload the following documentation as a separate file (in PDF).
- A full letter of application, including why you consider yourself to be suitable to fulfil this role at CGB effectively, please include a paragraph on the activities that you would like to lead in the Co-Curricular programme at CGB.
- Your personal Education Philosophy.
Please ensure that you add a THIRD referee from a direct supervisor within the online application form.
Closing date for applications – Sunday 19th January 2020
Interviews will commence the week of 20th January 2020
Interviews via Skype (video camera required for the interview)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by 21st January 2020.
We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline should we find the ideal candidate.
COLEGIO GRAN BRETAÑA IS COMMITTED TO THE PROTECTION AND SAFEGUARDING OF CHILDREN.