PICT/Computer Studies Teacher - Royal Borough of Greenwich, Eltham
Salary: Main Pay Scale/UPS Pay Range (Inner London Allowance) plus SEN1
Contract: Permanent/Full Time
Closing date: Thursday 21/11/2019 Midnight
Interviews: Thursday 28/11/2019
Start date: January 2020
Are you an outstanding teacher of ICT and Computer Studies, passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children in the Royal Borough of Greenwich’s provision targeting young people with ASD and associated mental health issues?
The ideal applicant will be able to offer a second subject of, ideally, Business Studies.
Newhaven King’s Park delivers the national curriculum with BTEC Workskills at post 16 and will focus particularly on visual arts, ICT and digital media. Each student will have a personalised curriculum as much as necessary to ensure that they are engaged with education and making rapid progress towards independence and success.
The senior management team is seeking a top quality, ICT professional with excellent experience and references who will:
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioners with the ability to inspire others and a commitment to high standards
• Have a proven record of good academic results with students of all abilities
• Display innovation and an ability to inspire students with a range of needs
• Preferably have knowledge and experience of working with students with ASD
• Preferably have experience of teaching across both key stages and be able to offer a second subject
• Ensure the students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning;
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children
• Actively participate in and offer areas of staff CPD.
Closing date Thursday 21st November 2019
Interviews Thursday 28th November 2019
Start date January 2020
For further details about Newhaven School together with application details please visit: www.newhavenschool.co.uk or phone Jon Kelly (Deputy Head, Newhaven) to discuss the posts.
Newhaven is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced with Barred List check through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) plus additional pre-employment checks.