Location: Falkland House School, Falkland Estate, Falkland
Salary: £32,994 - £41,412. per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for an ICT/Computing teacher to join our School in Falkland, Fife. Someone with relevant experience of Autistic Spectrum disorder would be perfect for this role.
About the School:
Falkland House School is an in independent residential school for boys from primary to aged 18 years. Our pupils have a range of Additional Support Needs including emotional and behavioural difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. We were the first independent school in Scotland (outside of the NAS) to receive accreditation from the National Autistic Society.
About the Group:
Options Autism is part of the Outcomes First Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and engaging candidate with a passion for teaching and learning. We work specifically with young people who have an Autism Spectrum Diagnosis in a unique learning environment which juxtaposes the grandeur of a country home with modern specialised teaching approaches.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering SQA qualifications in relevant courses and building upon pupil interests and skills in ICT and computing. You will be working within a small, supportive, education team who are committed to delivering specialised education to the highest standards. At Falkland House School we pride ourselves on our ability to have a positive impact upon the lives of vulnerable young people through consistent approaches to education and care. We are motivated by the firm believe that our pupils can achieve their potential through high levels of support and guidance.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a candidate who can show resilience, creativity and commitment to achieving a positive destination for all of our young people. Someone who can rise to a challenge through applying their initiative and ability to utilise flexible approaches to teaching.
The ideal candidate will, undoubtedly acquire high levels of satisfaction through the combination of structured learning and increased opportunity for pastoral and nurturing approaches, leading to positive relationships. This invariably engenders a heightened sense of investment and achievement on behalf of our young people.
Whilst previous experience of working with Additional Support for Learning would be preferable we provide opportunities for training both internally and externally in order to support professional development.
- teaching small classes together with associated planning and preparation;
- developing the school curriculum;
- assessing, recording and reporting on the work of pupils;
- preparing pupils for examinations and assisting with their administration;
- providing advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education;
- promoting and safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of pupils;
- working in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals;
- undertaking appropriate and agreed continuing professional development;
- participating in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review;
- contributing towards good behaviour management and the wider needs of the school.
- Must have full GTCS registration.
- ASL experience would be preferable but not essential.
Why work for us?
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Outcomes First Group website www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact Catherine Crawford – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for
Falkland House School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 16 years