Peninsula International School Australia Malaysia Campus
The Peninsula International School Australia www.peninsula.edu.my is set to open in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in January 2018, offering Australia's Victorian Curriculum based Primary and Secondary education for students from Year 1 (Age 7) to Year 12 (Age 18).
Our curriculum is delivered through partnerships with the prestigious Peninsula Grammar of Mt Eliza, Victoria, Australia. http://www.tps.vic.edu.au Peninsula Grammar provides academic support, course structure and support materials, along with training and mentoring programs for teachers while we adheres to the highest standards of education associated with Peninsula Grammar's long tradition of academic excellence.
Peninsula International School Australia will allow students in Malaysia to study for an internationally recognised qualification without having to leave their home. Our students can develop a high level of fluency in English and a strong understanding of the western education system. This ensures that they are well prepared for study at western universities in the future.
The school is now looking to appoint an inspirational, highly skilled ICT / integration Teacher from January 2018. If you are excited by the challenge of a different teaching experience in a vibrant environment, this opportunity may well be for you. The successful candidates will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all students.
- liaise with subject teachers and SMT to create and update a long term planning overview for ICT integration
- Teach a specific number of ICT classes as set by the SMT
- monitor both discrete ICT and cross-curricular references to ICT in all subject areas
- monitor the quality of teaching and learning using ICT as a resouce
- assessment, recording and reporting using ICT in conjunction with the school management system
- promote the use of the learning platform and other e-technologies with staff and pupils
- organise and moderate a school ICT portfolio which illustrates all aspects of ICT integration
- encourage all curriculum teachers to maintain a portfolio illustrating ICT in their curriculum area
- liaise with our partnership school to ensure ICT continuity and progression
Description of the role:
- A relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd. or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS
- Ability to work with more than one age group would be desirable and across the school
- A minimum of 3 years recent teaching experience preferred and / or international experience welcomed.
- A good understanding of current ICT and IT curriculum development and latest ICT integration programmes and a willingness to learn the VC curriculum
- Experience / understanding of English language learning, particularly for students for whom English might be an additional language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead as well as collaborate with leaders.
- A high level of professionalism
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom
- Able to adapt to living in an Asian culture
What we offer
- A friendly, supportive working environment in a wonderful environment
- The opportunity to make a difference and be part of a new international school
- An attractive, salary with the ability to save paid in Malaysian Ringgits
- All visa documentation and processing included in the benefits
- Return flights to country of origin at the start and end of contract
- Baggage / relocation allowance (start and end of contract)
- EPF contribution’s [ savings scheme]
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Free education for spouses children [ maximum 2 places offered]
- Modern comfortable fully furnished apartment accommodation provided for by the school
- [Details available for those shortlisted candidates at interviews]
- Transport to and from school on a daily basis
- A safe environment and a wonderful lifestyle unique to Malaysia
How to apply
Applicants should complete and submit the online Application Form available on the school website www.peninsula.edu.my
Please note those successful applicants will take up post in January 2018.
Peninsula International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening.