ICT Network Manager
37 hours/week, all year round
Kent Range 10 £33,082 - £38,913
Are you an IT specialist currently working in the private sector who is looking for a new challenge and to really see how your knowledge and skills can impact the education of our students? This could be the ideal role for you.
Equally you may be a passionate IT specialist already working in Education whose passion for technology means you continuously strive to update, improve and embed new technologies within a school environment.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a ICT Network Manager, who will have overall responsibility for the management and development of The Malling School network infrastructure, ensuring the safe and reliable running of all ICT systems.
The Malling School is non-selective, co-educational, secondary school based in East Malling.
To be successful in this role you must have qualifications and experience as follows:
• Recognised computer or network management qualification at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience
• Level 2 or equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics
• Proven experience of installing and managing a diverse range of Microsoft technologies including desktop. and server operating systems.
• Proven experience of VMWare and Microsoft hypervisors.
• Proven experience of managing a medium or large network and undertaking complex networking tasks.
• Proven experience of using, supporting, developing and training staff on Microsoft Office 365 environments, including; SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
• Proven experience of managing budgets.
Skills and Abilities
• Good communication skills for offering information, advice and guidance on complex ICT issues, such as software compatibility and negotiating with suppliers.
• Proven knowledge of network and desktop operating systems.
• VMware and Microsoft Virtualisation experience, including servers, storage and backups.
• Proven experience of managing multiple VLAN configurations across wired and wireless networks.
• Ability to plan, resource, manage and support ICT developments.
• Ability to relate well to young people and to understand their needs.
• Effective people management skills.
• Good time management and organisational skills.
• Good all-round experience with filtered web access, data storage, email services, networked printing, backups, and various software packages used within learning and development.
• Proven knowledge and experience of Network/IP services such as DHCP, DNS, LDAP, wireless, and VPN’s.
• Windows systems management, software, services and deployment.
• Active Directory infrastructure set up experience.
• Knowledge of Firewalls, filtering and safeguarding within a large user environment.
• Experience of working in a school IT environment
Please apply online via the TES website. For further information or to arrange an informal visit please email the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 26 November 2019
Interviews: Thursday 28 November 2019 – Technical Test
(if candidates successfully complete this stage they will be invited back for a formal interview)
Friday 29 November 2019 – Formal Interview
The Malling School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of all children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, CV, Teaching Agency, Occupational Health check and two satisfactory references.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should sufficient interest be received. Therefore, early application is recommended to avoid disappointment.
Due to the anticipated high levels of applications, only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.