Sheffield Girls’ are seeking to immediately appoint an ICT Operations Manager on a full-time, full-year basis.
The ICT Operations Manager will be responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability and integrity of the School’s ICT infrastructure. They will manage a small team of technical staff, dedicated to providing the best possible support for staff and students alike. They will assume managerial responsibility for the School’s ICT assets and budget. They will work closely with key colleagues, such as the Senior Leadership Team and the Head of E-Learning, to ensure the School’s key priorities for the use of technology are met.
As the School is part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, the post holder will also be responsible for ensuring that the School’s ICT systems are developed and maintained in-line with the operational requirements of both Sheffield Girls’ and the wider group of schools, ensuring integrity, security and inter-operability of relevant systems within school and within the Trust.
MCSA/MSCE and ITIL foundation level qualifications are essential for this post as is a passion for delivering first class customer service.
About the School
Sheffield Girls’ is the leading school for girls in the North of England and part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST) – the largest network of independent girls’ schools in the UK.
Founded in 1878, Sheffield Girls’ is situated in Broomhill, a very pleasant area of the city between the University and the Botanical Gardens. The School enjoys an excellent reputation as the highest performing school locally (and regularly in the whole of Yorkshire) at GCSE and A level.
- First class facilities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- A professional development programme and support from within out network of 25 schools, including regular Trust Technical Days, knowledge sharing forums and programmes of both internal and external training
- Third line technical support from the central GDST helpdesk
- Discounted school fees for staff
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefits
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am, Monday 24th May 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Sheffield High School for Girls
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 18 years
Sheffield High School is one of the 24 schools and two academies administered by the Girls’ Day School Trust. The Trust was formed in 1872 by a Christian group, but the schools are now non-denominational and girls are admitted irrespective of b...