ICT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Salary Range: NJC Grade Scale 4, Spine Point 18-21 £22,377 – £24,081
Contract type: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Permanent, 52 weeks per year
Working Hours 08:00 – 16:00
Raine's Foundation School is an inner city, voluntary aided, Church of England, 11-19 secondary school. Throughout its long history the school has taken pride in its service to the local community, as we aim to:
"Achieve Excellence by Unlocking Potential".
We are seeking an ICT Services Technician to join our team at Raine’s. This post, offers significant professional development opportunities to the person appointed.
Key responsibilities of the post:
Provide efficient and effective ICT Services – particularly as regards higher-level technical tasks, which would otherwise require the involvement of an outside contractor.
• Helping to manage the daily operations of the school network, clients, peripherals and software
• Manage efficient and timely responses to requests made to the Helpdesk
• To help in maintaining a safe and clean working environment
• Support staff in their use of ICT in specific teaching & learning and other office programs
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date hardware and software records in the Asset register including supporting the Network Manager in managing the redundant hardware products through the School’s Disposal procedure. Carrying out bi-annual stock checks and updating Asset Register.
• Support the Network Manager in all ICT related issues and to undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the post and as required by the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher
• Maintain awareness of and comply with all relevant school policies –particularly any matters relating to Confidentiality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety or Equal Opportunities.
• Consistently role model the behaviour and conduct expected of students and where appropriate other members of staff.
• Undertake any additional duties or responsibilities, commensurate with the scope and grade of the post, as reasonably directed by the Headteacher or other immediate line manager(s).
The ideal candidate will have:
• Educated to at least degree level or equivalent
• A recognised relevant ICT-based qualification
• Appropriate ICT Services management experience.
• Proven experience of managing an ICT Support Service in a school or other organisation of comparable complexity
• Experience of successfully leading and managing people in a school or other organisation of comparable complexity
For full details please refer to the Person Specification for the post.
Founded in 1719 Raine’s Foundation School provides a caring Christian environment.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged as are conversations with the School Business Manager.
Please contact Alison Deady, PA to the Head teacher, for an information pack or down load from the school website www.rainesfoundation.org.uk.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details and an application pack are available from the school office to which completed forms should be returned.
As part of our safer recruitment procedure the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February at 12.00 noon
The interview will take place: WB: 25th February 2019