1. Educated to a Bachelor’s Degree level in Education or related field.
2. At least 3 years’ experience teaching in British Curriculum schools (EYFS or Primary level).
3. Fluent in English with excellent verbal skills.
4. Specialization in one of the followings fields: Teaching computer subject
5. Previous experience organizing school activities and extra-curricular activities and forming and supervising school clubs.
Reporting to: School Principal
Tasks and Duties:
▪ To teach the class assigned by the school principal.
▪ Work within all school policies and guidelines.
▪ Plan, prepare and deliver effective lessons in line with the school curricular aims.
▪ Provide suitable academic challenges that will allow each pupil to reach his or her potential
. ▪ Self-evaluate and review teaching methods, materials and schemes of work and make changes as appropriate.
▪ Commit to in-service training (INSET) and continuing professional development (CPD).
▪ Maintain a well-managed classroom with a good work ethos.
▪ Assess pupils’ work effectively in a timely fashion and provide appropriate comments.
▪ Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the areas of the curriculum you teach.
▪ Maintain records and write reports on pupils’ progress and development
▪ Discuss progress with pupils, parents and colleagues.
▪ Provide cover for absent colleagues if necessary.
▪ Attend year meetings, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and whole school events.
▪ To make an active contribution to the school’s enrichment program and inter house events’ program.
▪ As a form teacher undertake pastoral duties as required and to be responsible for the social and emotional development of the children in that form.
▪ Provide opportunities to foster the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils. ▪ To undertake supervisory duties in line with published rotas.
This list is not exhaustive. All teachers are expected to fulfill any reasonable request made by the School Principal.
We are looking to appoint a person who in interview and by virtue of their qualifications and experience best demonstrates that he/she is suitably qualified for the responsibilities of the post.
▪ Has the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the post with energy, enthusiasm and excellence.
▪ Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Has good listening skills and respect for all pupils.
▪ Has the ability to explain things clearly in an appropriate manner to the relevant age group.
▪ Has the ability to form relationships and to motivate school pupils.
▪ Has the ability to generate enthusiasm for the work of the year group to which your form belongs.
▪ Has the ability to achieve high standards in teaching effectively to the required age group – measured in the pupil’s application of the material taught, classroom management and assessment, recording and reporting pupils’ progress.
▪ Is willing to be actively involved in the Enrichment program and the Inter House events program.
▪ Has a commitment to personal and professional development.
▪ Can adapt to living in a demanding environment.
▪ Has a sense of humor.
▪ Can thrive in what can sometimes be a challenging environment.
▪ Is prepared to go the extra mile at time when it is needed.
Annual Leave: Thirty (30) Calendar days as per School Policy
Ticket Allowance: Round trip Standard tickets annually
Health Insurance: Private medical coverage to be provided after probation period
Contract Duration: Two (2) Years
Contract Type: Permanent
Probation Period: Three (3) months subject for extension up to six (6) months
Working hours: Eight (8) hours daily - Sunday to Thursday
Weekend: Friday & Saturday
Joining Date: September 2019-Academic Year 2019-2020