Cothill House is looking to recruit an enthusiastic IT teacher/technician to take on the day to day running of IT at this boys boarding prep school in Oxfordshire (approx 200 pupils, aged 8-13), teaching ICT to Y4-Y6 and providing technical support to staff & pupils, as required. The successful applicant will have the help and support of the previous Head of ICT, who will remain on site but in a different role responsible for the IT across the 7 schools in the Cothill Trust. Cothill House is firmly committed to the use of Google's G-Suite for Education platform, in which all data is kept in the cloud and accessed via a fleet of Google Chromebooks used by staff and pupils. Experience of this platform is desirable, but not essential, as it works so well! The school boasts a high-tech wireless infrastructure (with super fast broadband) which is managed and maintained separately by a 3rd party company
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of ICT for the Cothill Trust, and will be expected to:
- Devise an engaging, rigorous and creative ICT curriculum for Y4-6 (maximum of 6 lessons/week)
- Supervise free-time usage of the ICT Room, encouraging the boys to learn coding and related activities
- Promoting e-Safety in all aspects of ICT, not just for pupils but staff too
- Assist in managing/maintaining the school's fleet of 200+ Chromebook computers
- Maintaining a variety of internal Google Sites, eg Staff Intranet and Dept Sites
- Updating the school website with news/photo albums
- Supporting the school's administration team with their IT requirements
- Troubleshoot occasional problems with printers, servers, projectors etc around the school
- Learn how to use ISAMS (Management Information System), eg helping staff with report writing
The successful candidate will:
- Have good all round IT skills, and be prepared to embrace technological innovation;
- Have an eye for detail, and strive for excellence in all that they do;
- Be well organised, hardworking and have stamina;
- Be willing & able to contribute to the extracurricular life of a busy boarding school, eg in sports and duties
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of fun.
Benefits of working at Cothill
- Great colleagues and engaging pupils;
- Freedom to make the most of one’s strengths;
- Ongoing professional development;
- Competitive salary dependent on experience;
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme;
- Spacious, modern classrooms, well supported by IT;
- Exceptionally large and well-stocked school library;
- Vibrant music and arts;
- Excellent in-house catering;
- Staff accommodation may be available;
- Superb sports fields and golf course, indoor swimming pool, climbing wall;
- Extensive grounds and rural setting close to Oxford.
This job description gives a basic outline of the role and does not claim to be comprehensive. All members of staff are expected to play a full role in the life of the School as may be reasonably required of their position. Any role at the school can develop over time as appropriate. This job description is not contractual and therefore may be subject to change.
Conditions of Employment
Salary & Terms of Employment
Commensurate with experience.
These should be made through a letter and accompanying CV, addressed to the Headmaster:-
Oxon, OX13 6JL
The names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees at least are also required, one of whom should be a present and/or previous employer. Please indicate clearly in your letter when it would be appropriate for referees to be approached.