Cambian Wing College
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 based on experience + benefits
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated ICT Teacher to join our close-knit team at Cambian Wing College.
About the College:
Cambian Wing College is a specialist further education college offering both day and 38-52 week residential placements. We provide holistic education for students aged 16-25 years, who have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder and associated mental health conditions.
We provide robust therapeutic support alongside our students’ academic/ vocational programmes to enable them to gain the life skills, qualifications and employability qualities to ensure the greatest opportunity of successful outcomes (regardless of their starting point) and the chance to truly thrive.
We are part of the Cambian group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a wide variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Role:
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint an ICT Teacher to join this thriving specialist further education College. Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and stimulating lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a qualified ICT Teacher, who holds a recognised teaching qualification. While experience within a SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable, we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream setting with the desire and ambition to further their knowledge.
Subject specialism is essential for this post as is the knowledge of current best practice in your chosen subject.
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
· Plan and teach well-structured lessons
· Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs to motivate them
· Manage student anxiety effectively to ensure an enjoyable and safe working environment
· Know and understand how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas you teach, including statutory assessment requirements.
· Knowledge of ICT Curriculum up to and including A Level Computer Science
· Experience of working effectively with learners who experience difficulties similar to those experienced by students at Wing College
· A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all students are met
· Experience of working effectively as part of a team
· Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
· Qualified in subject specialism
· DBS cleared and satisfactory references
· Ability to work on own initiative
This position is due to commence in September (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools