The King Alfred School prides itself on its progressive use of ICT both within the classroom and in the running and administration of all aspects of the School. Development of ICT to support teaching and learning is an on-going process, to which the School is passionately committed. This development is carried out by the Director of ICT Operations under the direction of the Head, and in consultation with the Director of Finance and Operations.
The ICT department comprises the Director of ICT Operations, a Network Manager, two full time 2nd Line ICT Technicians, a SIMS Manager, an ICT Teacher and a Lower School ICT Coordinator. As of September 2021 the network comprised 15 servers, Active Directory across 2 domains, DNS, DHCP, Remote VPN Access, SCCM, Media Streaming, M365, Edge Hardware Appliances, Print Services and Web filtering technologies. Each classroom is equipped with a Smartboard and there are approximately 800 endpoints comprising of Windows, Mac and iOS Devices. The School has a dedicated fibre internet connection. Website hosting is provided remotely.
We are looking for a talented individual who will join the existing team as a full-time 1st Line technician working under the Director of ICT Operations. The aim of this post is to support the Network Manager in providing 1st Line Support to Teaching and Support Staff as well as the Student body.
You should have:
- Relevant experience in a user-facing ICT role, preferably in the Education sector using the wide range of software used in a school, including Microsoft Office. Comptia and Microsoft Certifications highly desirable.
- Experience of PC hardware, installation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of how to install, configure and upgrade Microsoft Windows.
- Familiarity with networking technologies - wireless and structured.
- Mac knowledge is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to organise and juggle priorities whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Strong confident and assertive personality coupled with tact and excellent diplomatic skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to support large numbers of non-technical users when they have problems.
- If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: midnight, Sunday 23 January 2022 (we reserve the right to close the role early if we have sufficient applications)
Please see the attached job description for a detailed description of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
To apply for this role please visit our website and complete our online Application Form and attach a covering letter together with a CV.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website or at Unlock.
King Alfred School is a small, friendly, independent, co-educational child-centred school. We accept pupils from age 4 to 18; the school is strictly non-denominational embracing a wide ability range. Classes are unusually small and pastoral care is v...