We are looking for an ICT Technician to cover our two primary academy sites in Chafford Hundred, Essex.
Your role will be to provide an outstanding IT support service to the staff and students at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred and Harris Primary Academy Mayflower, with responsibilities including:
- Incident, request and problem management
- Service support
- Other ICT responsibilities as and when required, including project team work, IT asset database management, out-of-hours support, meeting and conference preparation, and a range of other varied duties.
A full job description can be found by downloading the Job Pack.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- You will be able to demonstrate good knowledge and recent experience of:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads and iPods in an educational or corporate environment.
- You must have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- You must be self-motivated, have a can do attitude and a strong commitment to team-work.
- You will have a proven track record of balancing priorities and working to strict timescales to deliver high quality results on time in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- You must be flexible and adaptive and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- You need to be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar, client facing role in either a primary or secondary school and will therefore a have experience supporting the various applications typically used within the education sector.
- Relevant Microsoft or similar qualifications to support the above experience.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework, supported by an ITIL Foundation qualification is desirable.
Please download the job pack for a full person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred
Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred is a three-form entry academy with 52-place nursery located in the heart of Chafford Hundred: a modern development bordering Lakeside and Thurrock, serving a vibrant and diverse community. Chafford Hundred has good links to central London as well as being accessible from Kent and Essex. The school was graded as Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted in October 2018 when Inspectors reported being particularly impressed by the academy’s ‘high expectations of what pupils can achieve’ and recognised mathematics, writing and art as particular strengths.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred?
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work, with children who are bright, confident and eager to learn
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Harris Federation stands as the leading large Multi Academy Trust for both primary and secondary education in Greater London. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation, which is why we have continuously set out to transform standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining us. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children everywhere are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.