The Portsmouth Grammar School is a leading co-educational school located in the historic heart of Portsmouth.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced technician to join the well-established ICT Services Department in this busy and varied role.
The post is full time, year round and the hours of work will be 37.5 per week, from 08.30 – 16.30, Monday – Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunchbreak each day. At busy times in the school calendar there may be some opportunities for additional overtime and weekend working.
Informal enquiries about the role can be made to the Head of ICT Services, Mr Tim Howlett, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered as they are received and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly regarding arrangements for interview.
The role: To provide efficient, friendly and reliable first line support to all users of the school computer systems.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Ensuring that all calls for assistance are answered on a timely basis either by phone, email or attendance on site.
• Ensuring that requests not solved are escalated to a Senior Technician and/or to the Head of ICT Services if necessary in a timely manner.
• Maintaining communication with customers during the life of a support call • Ensuring that the status of the call is updated on the Helpdesk System so that other members of the Department can see the exact status of the call.
• Ensuring that calls are closed back to the Helpdesk Operator once the problem has been fixed.
• Installing new IT equipment throughout the school premises as instructed by the Head of ICT Services.
• Providing training to users in the use of software and hardware as necessary
• Ensuring that the IT Suites are kept tidy and fully operational at all times.
• Providing assistance to staff and pupils using iPads and Google Gsuite accounts.
• Provide AV equipment support when necessary.
• Attending all required safeguarding and health and safety training.
Skills / Knowledge required:
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Excellent communication & organisational skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems.
• Knowledge of Apple Operating Systems , Google G Suite and Chrome OS.
• Good working knowledge of AV and computer hardware.
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
• Friendly and ‘can do’ attitude to life, with a commitment to a strong customer service ethos.
PGS is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure DBS check.