Are you an IT professional looking to provide support in a thriving academy? We are currently looking to appoint an ICT Technician to provide an outstanding IT support service to the staff, students and trainee teachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood .
Building on strong roots in the local community, we are a secondary school with places for 210 students in Year 7 and 220 in Year 12.
The core values and vision for the academy will be centred on dedication, determination and destiny. When students are dedicated to their studies and determined to succeed, all will achieve their destiny.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Incident, Request and Problem Management
- To provide high-quality technical support, advice and guidance to the staff, students and trainee teachers at both locations.
- To ensure that all incidents and service requests are logged appropriately on the Service Management system.
- To retain ownership of all incident and service request tickets and ensure staff are regularly informed of the status of their support ticket.
- To re-route or escalate support tickets to the appropriate team as necessary and work with the IT Service Managers, 3rd line support, Project Managers and other stakeholders to achieve resolution.
- To identify, implement and document Known Issues and workarounds for desktop related issues within the Knowledge Base.
- To ensure that Academy incidents and service requests are resolved within the target resolution time and that the solutions are documented within the system.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 based PCs, Laptops and tablets, as well as Apple OS iMacs and iPads.
- To install, configure and maintain computer peripheral equipment such as multi-functional printers and Interactive whiteboards, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To install, configure and maintain the VoIP telephones
- To familiarise yourself with the network infrastructure (Server room, cabling, patch panels, routers, switches) and associated documentation at the Academy.
- To ensure that the server and network infrastructure at both locations are regularly checked and maintained in accordance with HarrisNET best practice and procedures.
- To work with the IT Service Manager and Infrastructure team to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers, UPS’s and other networked devices to ensure the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer Active Directory user login accounts, ensuring that new staff, students and trainee teachers receive credentials in a timely fashion.
- To manage Active Directory Distribution and Security groups within the Academy to ensure that staff, students and trainee teachers have appropriate access to the data and resources they need.
- With the assistance of the Federation IT Service Manager, ensure that all Academy systems documentation is maintained and updated as required.
- Deliver the IT support service in accordance with ITIL and HarrisNET principles.
- Liaise with the relevant SLT and Federation IT Service Managers to ensure that all specific local and Federation requirements are met.
- Update and maintain the IT assets in both locations as listed in the CMDB.
Qualifications & Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Confident in communicating with staff at all levels. You must be self-motivated, with a can do attitude and a strong commitment to team-work and customer service.
- Ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- A demonstrable track record of balancing priorities and working to strict timescales to deliver results on time and to a high quality in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- You must be flexible, adaptable and capable of handling the various pressures and demands associated with this demanding and customer focussed ICT support role.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint and other desktop related software products.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving. Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of carrying out a similar, client facing role in either the primary or secondary education sector.
- Recent experience of working in an on-site IT based, Customer Service environment.
- Proven experience of supporting Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint, and other desktop related products.
- Proven experience of managing Active Directory user accounts including the administration of Distribution and Security Groups within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Recent experience of supporting Apple products, specifically iMacs and iPads in an educational or corporate environment.
- Recent experience of supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Academy St John’s Wood, formerly Quintin Kynaston Academy, is a large 11-18 secondary school with a thriving sixth form located in St John's Wood. The school joins the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. Although locate...