About Olive Tree International Academy, BFSU
About the School
Formally open in September 2017, Olive Tree International Academy, BFSU (OTIA) is an academically rigorous private international school that offers educational opportunities at the primary, middle and high school levels. The school is committed to providing students with an inclusive and open academic environment that seamlessly integrates Chinese and western education. Embracing the philosophy of “harmony in diversity, excellence in variety”, we encourage students to engage with and explore Chinese culture, while respecting and appreciating global diversity.
OTIA High School offers both AP and the IGCSE & A-Level curricula. As teaching quality is highly emphasized and valued in high school, teachers' main responsibility is to maintain a high level of teaching quality and to be professional inside and outside classroom. Through rigorous study across a variety of subject areas and course offerings, OTIA devoted to endowing students with a wider variety of post-secondary educational opportunities worldwide.
About the Location
The school is located in a habitable new town in Hangzhou with high convenience: three shopping malls nearby within walking distance, near the Yuhang Hi-Railway Station, the Nanyuan Station of Metro Line 1, and is approximately 30-minute drive to Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, and 60-minute train ride to Shanghai starting from Yuhang Hi-Railway Station.
To find out more go to http://2018.olivedu.com/
With the expansion of the school, we are going to offer 8 new classes for Senior Grade One and recruit more foreign teachers in High School next year.
Job Requirement for IGCSE/AS Psychology (starting Aug. 2020):
- Related Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with Teaching Certification.
- Preferably 3-5 years of teaching experience.
- Must be able to teach IGCSE/AS Psychology at high school level. We strongly recommend that you have experience in teaching these subjects.
- ESL or ESOL teacher training and/or experience is preferred.
- Teachers who are very comfortable with technology are preferred.
- Candidates must be able to successfully clear a criminal background check and provide official college degree.
- The candidate should agree on a three-month probation period.
Here we offer our foreign teachers a very attractive compensation package and treat our teachers with great respect.
- Our compensation varies based on related teaching experience and our evaluation based on your interviews.
- The rough range is about 300,000 RMB to 400,000 RMB annually. If a teacher deserves higher pay than this range, the school has no problem about offering a higher salary.
- A tuition waiver of 100% for one child for each foreign hire teacher, each child thereafter will be 50%. A single teacher will receive free tuition for one child, a couple will receive free tuition for two children.
- Provide a well-furnished apartment or housing reimbursement of 3,000 RMB per month (which can usually cover the rent).
- 10,000 RMB annual airfare allowance. If the aggregate amount is less than 10,000 RMB, the residual amount of allowance will be paid together with salary. Teachers who have worked in our school continuously for more than two years will receive 20,000 RMB annual airfare allowance. The residual amount of allowance will be paid together with salary if the aggregate amount is less than 20,000 RMB.
- About 3-month paid holidays, including winter/summer vacations and all Chinese public holidays.
- 2,500 RMB settle down allowance.
- Comprehensive Insurance annually from large-scale insurance company.
- Professional induction training.
- 800 RMB allowance per month for meal, communication and travelling.
- 1 physical examination organized by the school every year.
We have three rounds of interviews here in our school:
- The first round is conducted by HR manager through Skype/Wechat.
- The second round is to conduct a detailed interview with our high school foreign principal.
- The third round is conducted by our high school Chinese principal.
If you’re already in China, we’d like to invite you to come to our school and see the school in person if convenient. The school is willing to reimburse all the travel related expenses.
Please email us your CV including your photo, preferably with your demo class to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.