Reddish Hall School opened in December 2015 and now meets the needs of students between the ages of 5 and 16 with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. We are looking for outstanding Student Support Workers, with relevant qualifications and experience to join our expanding team. We need people who are committed, motivated and enthusiastic to fill these roles and, in return, can provide a competitive salary, opportunities for professional development and a fabulous working environment.
- To carry out the professional duties of a Student Support Worker, as outlined in this job description.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- To develop and enhance the social, emotional and behavioural development of our students.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within the assigned class group
- Working in partnership with teaching staff, provide support for students who require help to enable access to learning and to assist in the management of students
- Support students with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties within the spirit and practice of the school’s ethos and the SEN Code of Practice;
- Contribute to the Safeguarding ethos in school by adhering to the school’s safeguarding policy and procedures;
- Promote Citizenship and British values;
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/programmes, including those linked to local and national learning strategies. Adjust activities according to student responses and note achievement and progress, providing feedback to the teacher.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use
- Assist in the whole planning cycle, including the contribution to the development of lesson/work plans and managing and preparing resources.
- Working in partnership with the teacher, assist the delivery of lessons in which:
- Students are engaged, interested and contributing to learning
- There is good pace throughout
- A variety of activities that support differentiation and contribute to positive learning are evident
- Students develop high levels of knowledge and skills, can explain ideas and answer questions about the content
- There is good interactions between the teacher and students and between students, including checking students’ understanding regularly
- Feedback – both written and oral – is constructive and helps students to improve
- Effective ensures that students of all abilities make at least good progress through differentiated activities individualised work and feedback – both written and oral
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Work with individuals or groups of students, under the supervision of the teacher, to deliver programmes of work and implement IEPs/IBPs
- Supervise and provide particular support for students, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Where appropriate, establish constructive relationships with parents/carers and report on information from parents/carers to the wider staff team
- Give regular feedback on students’ progress to parents/carers and the wider staff team
- Attend to students’ personal needs, including pastoral, social, health, physical hygiene, minor first aid and welfare matters
- Establish good relationships with students, becoming a role model by presenting a positive personal image and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students
- Encourage students to act independently, as appropriate
- Supervise classes during movement between lessons
- Assist in the development and implementation of behaviour management strategies.
- Actively develop and promote the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS check.