Inclusion and Student Engagement Supervisor, full time in term time
Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary School that opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7,8,9 and from September 2018, year 10, the School is committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and determined candidate to lead on designing and sustaining excellent systems and structures to promote outstanding behaviour for learning.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working therapeutically and with a holistic approach to support and progress students’ behaviour and attendance. He/she will reporting to the Heads of Year on behaviour patterns and working with external agencies and families to build a culture of excellent behaviour.
Student behaviour at Hoe Valley School is impressive. Students behave well in lessons and around the school site, however, there are a small number who need further support in managing their own behaviour and understanding the impact of their behaviour on their own health and wellbeing. These students are included in a separate space where they need to follow the same curriculum as their peers whilst also receiving restorative work to ensure a successful reintegration. Students are only referred to the inclusion room by Heads of Year or SLT and this is always arranged in advance.
The role is full-time, term time only with preferred working hours of 8.30 - 5.00 pm daily.
- You will have a good standard of education i.e. minimum of 5 GCSE’s at A*- C including English and Maths or equivalent
- You will have experience of working with young people who display high behavioural needs
- You will have experience of enabling children and young people to overcome barriers to learning and achievement
- You will have experience of working effectively with families
- Our staff feedback shows we have a team who feel trusted, listened to and who have a healthy work life balance.
- The excellent behaviour of our students and our resistance to any unnecessary paperwork means staff can really focus on teaching and learning.
- All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties.
- Our staff are offered childcare and cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities and have access to convenient free parking.
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 3rd June 2018
Interviews will be held on:
w/c 4th June 2018
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.