37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Four Dwellings Academy is a thriving, diverse, fully inclusive school with a clear vision to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. Four Dwellings Academy continues to go from strength to strength with our Progress 8 score continuing to be above the national average. We are proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school at our next inspection. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. We have a committed and ambitious team and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy across the wider Trust.
We are looking to appoint an Inclusion Centre Manager to lead our Inclusion Centre and support the development of provision for students with challenging behaviour in our school. The Inclusion Centre provides a special learning environment which offers academic support and nurture students with challenges to their emotional and mental wellbeing.
Experience and knowledge of working with young people in challenging circumstances is essential. You will need to be able to assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning and provide emotional support for pupils with problematic personal lives.
Key aspects of the role involve:
- Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Ability to manage time effectively, organise & prioritise workloads and work proactively to ensure objectives are fulfilled
- Deliver packages of support to students who are at risk of exclusion or are experiencing significant issues that are damaging their academic progression.
- Ability to help us build on the breadth of the educational experiences we offer both in and out of the classroom.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate the following:
- Behaviour Management strategies to encourage positive behaviour.
- Knowledge and experience of intervention programmes that accelerate progress.
- Commitment to raising attainment and safeguarding vulnerable young people.
- Experience or willingness to undertake advanced Safeguarding training.
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This post is fixed-term and is required to commence March 2020 or as soon as possible.
Closing date: Sunday 23 February 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.