Inclusion Leader (Assistant Headteacher or Leader of Learning depending on experience and qualifications)
Are you passionate about making sure all children are able to achieve excellent outcomes and be a part of a school community regardless of individual needs? Are you committed to making a real difference to the lives of children with challenges to their emotional and mental health, their behaviour or those who have SEN? We are looking for a Leader of Learning for Inclusion to join our vibrant, diverse and welcoming school community.
We welcome applicants with varied career experience as an Inclusion Leader, depending on experience and qualifications. Assistant Headteacher salary range will be on Leadership 11-15 and Leader of Learning scale Leadership 7-10.
The Willow Primary School is a mainstream inner-city primary school and children’s centre with an inclusive ethos, sharing a site with The Brook Special School. We are very proud to have received our first outstanding from OFSTED in May 2017. We have a committed and hardworking staff team who play an active role in driving school improvement and ensuring our children always enjoy the best of what we have to offer. We have a strong track record of developing highly effective leaders, exemplary teachers and successful NQTs.
We want you to:
- be a practicing SENCO or have first hand experience of working directly with a range of SEN children
- have leadership experience with proven impact
- have ambition and drive, to want to make a difference for children, who face challenges in their learning, emotional/mental health or behaviour, in the classroom and beyond it
- be well organised and resilient with strong problem-solving and IT skills.
- be an excellent class teacher with a track record of high quality practice and strong pupil progress
- be enthused by the challenge, and rewards, of working with INCREDIBLE children,
- be a reflective practitioner, committed to your own professional development
We can offer you:
- an ambitious, passionate and focused senior and middle leadership team who work as a team to drive school improvement
- the opportunity to improve your skills through our excellent professional development and training programmes
- 'A consistently calm, pleasant atmosphere in which pupils work and play together and enjoy very positive relationships with staff (is another striking feature of this school).’ OFSTED May17
- a forward thinking approach to education
- a dedicated, friendly, upbeat and supportive staffing team
This role has the potential to be part time or full time and as such applications for part time (minimum 4 days) will be considered, please state clearly whether you are applying on a full time or part time basis in your application letter / email.
The Willow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced CRB check
We strongly advise you to visit the school. To arrange a visit, please contact KellyAnn Dennis, Admin / HR Officer, on 0208 885 8800 or email: email@example.com