SEN Allowance 1 / 2: depending on experience SEN1: £2,106.00 / SEN2: £4,158.00
Due to the retirement of our current position holder, Bevendean Primary School is looking for an experienced SENCo to be our next Inclusion Manager.
Applicants should have:
- Previous experience leading a curriculum area
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the revised ‘Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 - 25’
- Have a good understanding of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education – September 2016’ & ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children March 2015’
- A good working knowledge and understanding of SIMS
- Experience as a Designated Safeguarding Lead
Applicants will need to be able to:
- Work with colleagues and a variety of stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes for all learners who are identified as having special educational needs
- Ensure robust tracking systems are in place to monitor and track pupil attainment and progress
- Disseminate good practice in SEND across the school
- Work with the Headteacher to ensure allocation of SEND staffing matches the schools SEND need / provision
- Review and implement SEND / Medical Needs policy and practice across the school
- Form strong links with, and liaise with a variety of external agencies to secure good provision for pupils
- Liaise and report to Governors annually on Special Educational Needs and Safeguarding in the school
The successful applicant will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will keep the Headteacher and the team up to date on all aspects relating to special educational needs, Child Protection and Safeguarding in the school.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17th May, 2018 at 12.00pm
Interview date/s: Wednesday 23rd May / Thursday 24th May, 2018
A copy of the job description and personal specification can be downloaded from http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/jobs and http://www.bevendeanprimaryschool.org.uk.
For more information, please contact the Headteacher Martyn Giddens. Visits to the school are essential so that you can see our great school in action – please contact the school office to book a visit.
All applications should be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bevendean Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Bevendean Primary School
Heath Hill Avenue,
T: 01273 681292
F: 01273 622334
Headteacher: Martyn Giddens