Salary: Outer London Teachers’ Mainscale + SEN Allowance
Contract: Permanent, following a successful probation period
Hours: Full time (5 days per week), part time applicants will be considered
Start date: Required for January or Easter 2021
Teaching Required: Yes
Are you an experienced or aspiring SENDCO or Inclusion Manager who believes in providing all children with a creative, broad and balanced curriculum? Are you enthusiastic about making a significant individual contribution to the success of our school, with the support of our Senior Leadership team?
At Paxton Academy, we are seeking a passionate practitioner with a genuine commitment to inclusive education and raising of standards. We welcome applications from those with a proven track record of exceptional practice. We expect our Inclusion Manager to make a significant individual contribution to Paxton’s success. If you think that you possess the qualities needed to inspire and challenge our children to achieve the very best, then we would love to hear from you.
The postholder will be responsible for the leadership of our mainstream SEND provision. The core responsibilities include leading Inclusion, behavior for learning, managing Teaching Assistants, supporting and promoting an inclusive culture throughout the school, enabling all students to achieve their best and overcoming barriers to learning and participation.
At Paxton Academy, our students are at the heart of all that we do. Each and every student is known, valued and supported to achieve their potential, both academically and personally. We are committed to ensuring that all students, including those with SEND, and who are otherwise disadvantaged can access an engaging, broad and balanced curriculum. The team work tirelessly to remove all barriers to learning and support our most vulnerable students.
Paxton Academy is a 2 form entry Primary School in Thornton Heath, Croydon. It joined Wandle Learning Trust in July 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and to quickly raise standards in a school at the heart of a thriving and diverse local community in outer London.
• Have Qualified Teacher Status with at least 3-4 years experience;
• Experience of working with children with a wide range of SEN;
• Have experience of working successfully and cooperating as a member of a team;
• Have experience of training other teachers and/or introducing SEN initiatives;
• Have experience of working alongside other teachers in the development of teaching and learning;
• Have experience of setting settings and monitoring, evaluating and recording progress;
• Experience of teaching children with complex needs across EYs, KS1 and KS2;
• Possess a good understanding of SEND procedures;
• Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn;
• Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values.
We encourage potential candidates to look around the school. Please contact the school office on 0208 683 2308 and speak with Julie Tyson to arrange a visit.
Closing date: 6th December 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: 6th December 2021
Interviews: 10th December 2021
To apply, download the application form from the Wandle Learning Trust's Website (http://wandlelearningtrust.org.uk/) and please return your completed application form to email@example.com.