The Bilingual Primary School offers a unique opportunity to work in a bilingual environment in Spanish and English. The post will be to helping us build a strong pastoral team within the school and work under the direction of the SENCO. The person appointed will have the opportunity to make a difference and to gain experience of innovating, creating and leading within an environment of professional autonomy and trust.
We require an energetic, committed and resilient person to fill the post of Inclusion Mentor. You will be working with pupils who have a range of social, emotional and behavioural needs. This is a newly created role to add capacity to our existing inclusion team, working on Mondays and Tuesdays. You will work as part of this team supporting individuals and groups across the school.
For this role it is not essential to be a fluent Spanish speaker.
We require the following skills and qualities:
• Experience and knowledge of including and supporting pupils with a wide range of social and emotional, behavioural needs
• Knowledge/experience of running SEMH interventions and the ability to plan, organise and monitor support plans for key pupils
• Ability to develop positive relationships with key pupils, their families and staff to promote positive learning & social skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Resilience and a good sense of humour
The governors of our school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.