Repton Dubai is seeking an outstanding Inclusion Teacher for an immediate start.
To support and promote an inclusive culture throughout the school, enabling all pupils to achieve their best and to support the Head of Inclusion and FAB Department in promoting the learning and personal development of students with additional needs, in addition to having the ability to teach Key Stage 2.
The successful applicant will be required to teach children individually or in small groups as specified. They will also have an important pastoral care role within the school and will be expected to communicate with parents. Attendance at staff meetings and other specified after school events will form a part of the contractual hours of duty.
Skills, Experience and Responsibility
- Experience and knowledge teaching students with special educational needs and/or English as an additional language
- A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children within the School and support of the School’s policies and procedures
- Resilience and the ability to work well under pressure; ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- A commitment to supporting the wider life of the school and boarding house.
- Attend staff and departmental meetings, open days, briefings, assemblies, INSET days, parent consultations and other school events, as required
- Collaborate with the class and subject teachers to ensure what is being learned in one to one lessons is transferred and reinforced in the classroom
- Liaise regularly with our Director of Inclusion to review teaching targets, reports, and any communication with parents
Successful candidates will:
- Hold Bachelors of Education and PGCE with appropriate specialism, or
- Hold Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE in Primary Education
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / international school
- Have the ability to teach Key Stage 2
- Be at least 24 years old
Welcoming families from all nationalities and children of all ages, the school offers the very best in British education, epitomised by the school’s philosophy of ‘the best for every child’. Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and amenities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1700 pupils attending the school.
Our pupils benefit from an international education based on the British independent and national curricula. Our clear aim and purpose is to provide the best teaching and learning environment in which all pupils will achieve their very best academically, physically and socially. By working closely with all its parents, the school aims to develop young people who will have all the tools they need to succeed in a rapidly changing, highly competitive, global society.
As part of the Repton Family of Schools in the UAE, and working within the Evolvence Group, we share expertise across our group of schools and nurseries in UAE and offer significant opportunities for career progression for those who seek advancement, along with opportunities for professional development through our partnerships with Apple and through our Middle Leaders and Senior Leaders Programs.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Repton School - Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years