Role: To contribute to the key objective of the Academy Development Plan, ‘Raising standards of achievement’, by leading and managing the day to day running of the internal Personalised Learning Centre (PLC). The PLC is a new internal provision at Leeds East Academy designed to address and overcome a range of barriers to learning/engagement and/or attendance which subsequently can impact upon academic progress. The PLC will cater for a small number of students and provide dedicated support to help students confidently return to mainstream lessons following periods of absence.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support students in the completion work that they have missed from lessons through effective teaching and intervention strategies.
• To develop relationships with students needing particular support in order that academic and behaviour progress targets are met
• To monitor and record progress of students needing support including the development of Individual Behaviour Plans where appropriate
• To assist the inclusion team in coordinating the re-integration of pupils back into mainstream lessons following prolonged periods of absence or internal/external exclusion
• To complete a daily behaviour log and contribute to a half termly progress report.
• To implement strategies to support pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, setting challenging and demanding expectations and promoting independence.
• To establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model, providing support, encouragement, guidance and assistance for learning, independence, practical activities and social skills.
• Ensure good and better progress for all students through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of personalised bespoke teaching/intervention
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students within the Area Team and Academy data collection schedule
• In consultation with the Inclusive Learning and Safeguarding Provision leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with core subject Area Development Plans
Leeds East Academy – Soaring to Success
Leeds East Academy is an 11-16 school, flourishing in a state of the art new building which provides a fantastic learning environment for students. We are a vibrant and expanding school which thrives at the heart of a diverse and dynamic community. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds East Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students. The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website atwww.leedseastacademy.org.uk to download an application form. Once completed please return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 29th October 2017 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 30th October 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 31st October 2017
Start date: As soon as possible