This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic colleague to join our vibrant and successful school.
The Independent Learning Centre, our library, is a beautiful space that sits at the heart of our school community. Our students know it to be a safe, inclusive and welcoming area where no question is too big or too small. We can, and regularly do, accommodate upwards of 100 students across all age groups. This busy environment is supported by clear and agreed behaviour expectations and boundaries.
We loan approximately 400 titles per week, therefore many aspects of your day will be routine and detail oriented but this is at its core an entirely student facing role. It will require a high degree of flexibility to deal with numerous and varied enquiries from staff and students whilst ensuring the library remains a calm and ordered environment.
35 hours per week (07:55am– 15:55pm), 41 weeks (Term Time + 2 weeks).
We would also be willing to explore part-time and job share arrangements.
We need you to be:
- Be passionate about assisting in the running and development of our Independent Learning Centre (which includes our library)
- Be a flexible team player with excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have a genuine commitment to help contribute to improving the outcomes for young people through literacy and Enrichment Activities
- Be willing to develop this role within the context of the changing needs in education
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th September 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Thursday 9th September 2021
Please see our website for more information about Hampstead School.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will be made with previous employers.
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years