Holy Family Catholic Primary School, Skennars Head.
Applications are sought for the following position:
INDIGENOUS EDUCATION WORKER
Temporary/Part time, 13 hours per week for 2020
6.5 hours per day (Days negotiable)
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
▪ General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
▪ Working with students
▪ Assistance with playground duties
▪ Leading Cultural Group Experiences with students
▪ Liaising with parents and local community organisations
▪ Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (must provide proof)
▪ Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
SELECTION CRITERIA WILL FOCUS ON:
▪ An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
▪ Ability to work as a member of a team
▪ Sound literacy and numeracy skills
▪ Ability to lead cultural groups
▪ Knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn
▪ Sound ICT competency
▪ Preparedness to work with small groups of children
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Applicants need to submit a current resume and names of three professional referees to:
Mr. Murray Deeps, Principal – Holy Family Catholic Primary School Skennars Head
Applications must be received by 3.00pm on Friday, 15th November 2019.
Enquiries to: 02 66 865 311
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/