Clearwater Bay School Website: http://www.cwbs.edu.hk
Clearwater Bay School is a four form entry school with a capacity for 720 students.
Clearwater Bay School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving the Sai Kung, Clearwater Bay and Tseung Kwan O communities in the Eastern New Territories of Hong Kong. Through the IB Primary Years Programme, we offer a world class international primary education to students in years 1-6 that develops students’ creativity, confidence and willingness to achieve their personal best.
Individual Needs/SEN Support Teacher (Starting Aug 2019)
We are seeking to appoint a teacher to work with students with additional learning needs starting August 2019. The position will be a full-time two years contract, renewable by mutual consent.
Main Accountabilities - Teaching and Learning:
• Play a leading role in ensuring that support for students with individual needs is aligned with the school’s philosophy and the IB PYP.
• Work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure students with Individual needs receive a balanced curriculum through early intervention, bridging programmes and differentiated classroom delivery in an inquiry based environment.
• Assess the learning needs of students requiring special education support, actively support them in class through differentiated teaching/learning and monitor their progress.
• Develop Individual Education Plans for students with special education needs in collaboration with students, teachers, education assistants and parents.
• Teach modified programmes to meet the specific learning needs of individual students.
• Ensure appropriate records are kept on individual students receiving support.
• Work collaboratively as a member of the lndividual Needs Team to meet the learning needs of students with a moderate level of adjustment.
• Provide guidance and support to mainstream teachers in meeting the learning needs of students with a moderate level of adjustment.
• Work closely with parents and communicate with them on a regular basis.
Wider professional roles:
• Plan and engage in professional learning activities that support school and systematic priorities.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development to improve teaching and students’ learning.
• Make an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school.
• Collaborate with members of the Individual Needs Team to cater for and support students with additional learning needs across the whole school.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Assist with or manage an aspect of daily school management.
• Assist the Principal and/or Vice Principal with the performance of specific functions.
• Contribute to the school’s extra-curricular program
• Bachelor degree in Education or Bachelor degree in any subjects with PGCE (Post graduate Certificate in Education) or equivalent
• 2+ years teaching experience within a recognized educational organization is preferred.
• Relevant qualifications, knowledge and experience teaching students with special education learning needs.
Closing Date: 12 Nov 2018
For enquiries, please contact Chris Hamilton at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.