Job Purpose: The role involves small group and 1:1 learning support for literacy, mathematics, motor skills, and/or language, from EYFS to Year 6. The Individual Needs Support Assistant will support the teachers in enhancing the effective involvement of pupils with SEND and/or learning barriers in their academic and social development.
Reporting to: Inclusion Leader / Achievement Centre Manager
· Plan and implement activities to support the IAP targets, follow structured literacy intervention programmes, and report professionally on the student's progress and outcomes when communicating with parents and teachers.
· Provide some in-class support in lessons, to facilitate successful access to differentiated learning,
· Work alongside teachers and other staff to support pupils’ learning, especially those with SEND or a learning barrier.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement, under the guidance of teachers.
· Monitor, maintain & review records of pupil progress over time and support teachers to plan subsequent learning based on their needs.
· Maintaining the Achievement Centre learning environments, and developing appropriate resources for students.
· Apply strategies to promote pupils’ self-esteem, self-confidence and independence
· Work as part of an Inclusion Team, accessing relevant training and attending parent review meetings where necessary
· Candidate should have a GCSE in English, or equivalent, and be a proficient communicator in spoken and written English.
· Should have a relevant qualification and/or proof of completed trainings in education, special educational needs, and/or teaching English as a foreign language.
· Prior experience in working in a support role in a school setting.
· Available to work from 7 am - 4 pm.
· Strong work ethic along with a commitment to staff and student privacy.
· Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of inclusive pedagogies is an advantage
· Knowledge of SEND is an advantage
· Candidates applying for this position MUST be sponsored by their spouse/father as this is a local contract therefore there are no additional benefits other than all school holidays as per academic year.
NO VISA,HOUSING ALLOWANCE, HEALTH INSURANCE OR OTHER BENEFITS PROVIDED - LOCAL DUBAI HIRE ONLY