Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $71,428 to $119,707 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: Commencing 25 January 2022
Closing Date: 9.00am, Monday 16 August 2021
St Mary MacKillop College is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, the support of family life, and the enrichment of all our people. The curriculum at St Mary MacKillop College is undertaken in an environment where each person is valued and respected as an individual whose personal growth is of paramount importance.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Technology & Design Teacher to join our vibrant and comprehensive team at St Mary MacKillop College.
The ability to teach senior VET subjects, Construction Pathways and/or Furniture Making, with a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment would be desirable.
- Promote stewardship of our Vision for a Catholic School in the Josephite tradition.
- Be an outstanding teacher of experience and initiative who can work effectively with the curriculum team, colleagues, students and families.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of contemporary issues and practices in teaching from Years 7-12.
- Contribute to the development of pedagogy and assessment practices across the curriculum.
- As a classroom leader work effectively with colleagues and their Faculty Coordinator to develop a vision and profile for Industrial Technology & Design.
- Support the College to build community with staff, students and their families.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the position description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School, please visit our school website here.
Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Mackillop Recruitment on 02 6209 5215 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn