We are seeking an Industry Liaison Officer who will assist in the ongoing delivery of the work experience program, School Based Apprenticeship and traineeship programs at the College. Also will assist in managing business and industry partnerships to maximise opportunities for students in Year 10, 11 and 12.
The successful applicant will need to have the following skills and experience:
• Ability to effectively communicate with employers and visit students in the workplace (this may require flexibility in the hours worked);
• Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with students and parents;
• Strong administration skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to work in a highly collaboratively manner with other members of the Pathways Team.
Seton College is a contemporary Catholic, coeducational Secondary College situated in Mount Gravatt East catering for more than 270 students. The College promotes the spiritual, intellectual, social and emotional development of students with a focus on providing personalised, vocationally driven education, particularly in the key areas of literacy and numeracy. At Seton, every student is known by name, respected as an individual, and valued as part of a tight-knit community.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 School Year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 32.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 4 - $29.93 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: James Taylor - Assistant Principal
Contact Telephone Number: 0732915333
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - SOF Level 4 Opens in new window