Term time only, 38 weeks per annum
We require a personable, on-the-ball, flexible and reliable addition to our team in the role of Industry Placement Administrator.
There are few colleges around with a department dedicated to industry placements, and we take great pride in what we do at BCA. We are an office that can operate at rapid speeds (with the occasional week to relax and catch our breath) dealing with students and employers of all industries. This is a multi-faceted role – dealing with students, employers and staff.
We are a growing team, all with different backgrounds and experiences, and we are looking to recruit a candidate who can provide enthusiasm and a quick mind to continue driving us on to the success we have enjoyed in the last few years.
If you are able to handle a busy and varied workload, have a good memory, attention to detail, and can have fun whilst working hard, you might well be the one for us.
- The day-to-day of the job involves general administrative duties – emailing, filing and database management – but there is a lot more to do each day than just that.
- Problem-solving will be required – e.g. working out the best way to negotiate problems, how best to divide your time and logistical planning amongst the team.
- You will work with students as part of a team helping them secure meaningful, industry-relevant work placements, so you will need to have an understanding and approachable character.
- We constantly seek to develop the systems we work with and are always looking to critique and improve the way we do our job. If you can cast a critical eye over the way we present information and engage with students, staff and employers, you would be a welcome addition.
This role has the variety and vibrancy to keep anyone interested if you enjoy being a central part of a busy team.
Reasons to join us
- Term-time only working and pension scheme.
- A wide range of learning and career opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Comprehensive Employee Recognition, Life Events and Long Service Programme.
- Tax free childcare, cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes.
- Free on-site parking.
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College gym).
For further details and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 17 November 2019.
Interview date: To be confirmed.
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.