£23,187 - £24,599 pro rata (dependent upon qualifications)
This is an opportunity to join a well-resourced and successful team with a reputation for high quality training. This role will involve instructing and assessing and delivering underpinning knowledge to a range of full-time and part-time students including our expanding apprenticeship programme.
Whilst the role equates to 1 ½ days per week, we have a flexible approach and the exact working pattern will be agreed with the successful applicant.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 3 years conservation experience and be able to deliver training and assessment in Environmental conversation.
Candidates should be qualified to Level 3 in Conservation or another closely related subject area. A1 Assessors qualifications and D1 minibus driving capabilities would be an advantage.
The post is based at the Sparsholt campus but will involve travel to visit and assess apprentices, so a full, clean driving licence will be required.
Closing Date: 21 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. Child Care Vouchers (pro rata for part-time staff)
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement • Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider