Job Reference: DEC20212684
Full-time 37 hours per week
Salary: Total Overall package of up to £41,684 in year 1 as follows:
- Salary - £20,569 – 29,632
- Employer Pension Contributions - £4,895 - £7,052
- Golden Hello Payment: upto £5,000
Holiday: 35 Days per year, rising to 40 days following 5 years’ service (Inclusive of Bank hol and Christmas closure)
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is currently home to around 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. In addition, we have a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes.
We are one of only 3 colleges in England to achieve an outstanding grade for apprenticeships delivery under the Ofsted’s new inspection framework - in fact we’re outstanding in every inspection area. To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website.
The College delivers a significant volume and market share of Electrical Installation Apprenticeship standards ranging from Intermediate and Advanced through to Higher levels from its two campuses in Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stafford.
At present, we are investing £25 million in a new Technology & Engineering facility at our Stafford site and also a further £20 million at our Newcastle site in a combined project to become an Institute of Technology & Engineering Centre in association with Keele University.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who has a full Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline along with someone who can plan and deliver interactive instructions and assessment activities to a high standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver lively and interactive instruction and assessment activities to a high standard on a range of programmes. Although these activities would ordinarily be carried out in a workshop environment, there could be some associated classroom activities.
- To deliver a proportion of remote teaching, learning and assessment (as well as on site delivery) via appropriate platforms such as MS Teams and Zoom (or equivalent).
- Secure as part of the delivery team, outstanding success for all learners and assist in ensuring targets for recruitment, retention, achievement and success, attendance and progression are met.
- Mark and assess students’ work, in line with College policies and procedures and awarding body regulations and provide effective feedback to learners to help them improve, including in relation to English and Maths.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a full Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Has relevant industry/professional experience within the relevant sector.
- Has good organisational skills.
- Has willingness to train for a teaching qualification up to level 5
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days following 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Instructor in Electrical Installation, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 2nd January 2022.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.