£19,217 - £27,958 depending on qualifications and experience (including market supplement)
Are you interested in progressing into the education sector with an interest in passing on your skills and knowledge to young people? We are looking for skilled practitioners, with a strong knowledge of motor vehicles and ideally electrical/transmission systems, to join our team who have an interest in working with and developing young people.
The role entails providing practical instruction to learners on Entry Level to Level 3 Motor Vehicle courses. In addition, you will support the team within the workshops, together with contributing towards ensuring our resources and facilities are maintained to the highest standard, including maintenance and development of the workshop facilities.
In addition to the base salary there may also be the opportunity to increase overall earnings by undertaking some additional work (evenings and weekends) in our construction department for the right candidate.
We’re looking for candidates with:
• a relevant technical qualification
• experience of working in the motor vehicle industry
• good communication skills to support our learners
• an interest of engaging with young people
• A willingness to attain a Level 3 teaching qualification and undertake in-house development programme.
If you are interested in talking to us informally (either by phone or in person) to find out more about the role or to consider whether working in education is right for you then please contact us on 01962 797309 in the first instance to set the ball rolling.
This post will be based at Andover campus.
Closing Date: 27 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com