We are seeking to appoint an Interim Assistant Headteacher to lead our Inclusion Team to consolidate its recent expansion and work to address the needs of a growing and diverse student community.
Colton Hills Community School is a highly regarded 11-18 community school judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in May 2015. The school encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community and is committed to the development of all students with the majority staying on in the sixth form.
As an Assistant Headteacher, you would be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and therefore would be expected to contribute significantly to the overall effectiveness of the school.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and effective classroom practitioner with proven leadership and organisational skills and excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to think strategically and nurture a team ethos is essential.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who
Can continue to develop our inclusion provision ensuring excellent outcomes for children
Is committed to inclusion in all aspects of school life.
Is an outstanding leader with high expectations for all.
Has experience of working with pupils with SEND, EAL, more able, PPG and LAC
OFSTED May 2015
· “The quality of teaching is good. Teachers ask searching questions that provide a good level of challenge to all students, including the most able.”
· “Students are currently making good progress in English, mathematics and science.”
· “The sixth form is good and students are achieving improved standards across a wide range of subjects.”
· “Behaviour around the school is of a high standard.”
· “Students demonstrate positive attributes to their learning, show respect for each other and have pride in their school.”
We can offer you:
· Pupils eager for success
· Supportive parents who value education
· Supportive colleagues
· Excellent professional development and guidance
· Recently refurbished buildings with dedicated home-bases for independent learning.
· Major investment in ICT
· Extensive grounds and facilities set in green belt.
If you would like further information on the role, a confidential discussion or to arrange a visit to Colton Hills please contact the school.
Closing date for applications Tuesday 19 September 2017 – 9.00 am
Interviews will be held on Thursday 28 September 2017
Please visit www.coltonhills.co.uk for further details.