ABOUT NORD ANGLIA SCHOOL NANTONG (NAS Nantong)
Opening in September 2019, NAS Nantong bilingual school will provide a state of the art, world-class teaching and learning environment with a total student capacity of 1,728. Providing a unique blended learning experience, NAS Nantong will offer students the best of eastern and western education resources and philosophies for students aged 6 - 18. The bilingual program will be based on the Chinese K-12 curriculum blended with globally respected international teaching pedagogy and education resources. Students will experience a solid foundation of Chinese culture, whilst equipping them with the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful in an increasingly globalised world.
As part of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, it shares resources and knowledge with 56 other schools around the world. The Global Campus will connect NAS Nantong students with other Nord Anglia Education schools based in 27 different countries worldwide. Students will be able to extend their international experience through opportunities to learn abroad, to connect with more than 53,000 students through the innovative online platform and to take advantage of exciting experiences and expeditions.
Through our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT and UNICEF, we embrace innovation to ensure students and teachers have the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed in the future.
For more information, please visit www.nasnantong.cn and www.nordangliaeducation.com
ABOUT THE CITY OF NANTONG
Nantong is about 120km distance to Shanghai, located on the north wing of the Yangtze River estuary and is in the southeastern part of Jiangsu province, adjacent to Taizhou to the west, and bordering on Yancheng to the north.
Entering the twenty-first century, it has developed its economy and society in a leapfrog way at all levels, earning itself a reputation and national ranking for civilized culture, environmental protection, sanitation, gardens, ecology, excellent comprehensive management of public security, and advanced scientific and technological progress.
You may get more information about Nantong city by clicking the link below
Core Requirements of the Post
To be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, teaches and assesses effectively, takes responsibility for professional development and has pupils who achieve well through the Be Ambitious agenda that is a core Nord Anglia Education expectation.
The person appointed will:
- Inspire trust and confidence in students and colleagues;
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom engage and motivate pupils;
- Demonstrate analytical thinking;
- Improve the quality of students' learning;
- Contribute to the school improvement / development planning and promote the learning priorities of the school development plan;
- Contribute to the development and / or implementation of school policies;
- Use the student tracking and reporting process to advance student learning and enhance professional practice in line with the school's aspirations and priorities;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school.
Nord Anglia School Nantong
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years